While you can solve many plumbing problems yourself, when it’s an issue with the main water line, you need a professional's help. At Canyon Plumbing & Heating, we will help you with all aspects of your plumbing, from new plumbing installation to main water line repair and everything in between. The next time you need plumbing experts in Boulder, contact us!
When you have a severe clog, contact us for expert drain cleaning.
Warning Signs That You Need Main Water Line Repair
Freshwater coming into the home is necessary for daily living, and without it, life becomes miserable. Although the main water line that brings freshwater into the house is built to last for decades, there are instances where problems arise that slow or stop the flow of water.
Here are the most common signs that say there are problems in your main water line.
- Discolored Water: If the water coming out of the faucet is rust-colored, it could be caused by the corrosion of the pipes or dirt and soil getting into cracks in the line.
- Soggy Lawn: If you’ve not had rain in a while, and you notice soggy spots on your lawn, it could be that the main water line is cracked and is leaking.
- Reduced Water Pressure: A drop in water pressure throughout the house may be caused by a leaking water line.
- Spiking Water Bill: If you notice that your water bill rises suddenly, it may be a leak somewhere in your plumbing system.
If you think you need main water line repair, contact us as soon as possible.
What Causes Water Line Damage?
The pipe that makes up your main water line is designed to be durable and last for years; however, sometimes, things happen, causing the pipe to become compromised. Most Boulder homeowners will never experience main water line problems, but for those that do, here are the most common reasons why:
- Corrosion or material deterioration
- Old age
- Tree roots
- Faulty installation
- Soil shifting causing joints to weaken
- Sediment buildup
- Mineral buildup
- Frozen water
If you think your plumbing problems are in the main water line, you can trust the experts at Canyon Plumbing & Heating for efficient repairs that will last.
If you suspect that you have an unseen water leak, contact us about our water leak detection service.
Does Insurance Cover Main Water Line Replacement?
The average homeowner’s insurance policy covers damage caused by water leaking from a burst pipe. However, most policies don’t cover damage caused by leaks caused by neglect, being irresponsible about substances poured down the drain, or shifting soil.
Some insurance companies offer sewer line insurance to protect you against a catastrophic failure, but whether you need this or not depends on a variety of factors you should discuss with your insurance company and plumbing professional.