Many Boulder, CO residents dislike the taste and smell of their tap water that they resort to buying bottled water to drink and cook with. Not only does this get expensive, but it’s terrible for the environment when throwing away all of that plastic.
If you can’t stand the tap water's taste and are tired of buying bottles, call our team at Canyon Plumbing & Heating and find out if a whole house water filtration system is right for you.
Our professional drain cleaning service leaves your drains clear and free-flowing for longer than any other cleaning method.
The Stuff in Your Water
While we’re told that the water coming out of the tap is safe to drink and cook with, the fact is that whether you have well water or municipal water, there are often traces of harmful chemicals and contaminants.
Here are some of the most common pollutants that you might find in your water.
- Sediment: Sediment is visible particles in water like dirt, rust, and sand. These particles won’t kill you, but no one wants them in their water.
- Chemicals: Most municipalities treat their water with chlorine and other chemicals to kill bacteria and other pathogens. Some people are sensitive to these chemicals, and others prefer not to have them in their drinking water. A water filter removes unwanted chemicals and removes the foul taste.
- Iron: There are two kinds of iron found in drinking water: Ferrous, dissolved iron, and Ferric, which is rust and can turn the water a reddish/brown.
Your family deserves the cleanest and safest drinking water possible, which is why you should consider adding a home water filter.
What Is a Water Whole House Filtration System?
Whole house water filters treat water as it flows into the house. The benefit of this system over the ones attached to the sink is that it filters all of the water in your home, not just at one tap. The result is that you get the cleanest water possible throughout the house, and your appliances benefit too by not having to process hard water.
Consider giving your kitchen a makeover with our kitchen plumbing service!
What Kinds of Water Filters Can You Get?
There are different filters to choose from to help you get better water at home, and the one that’s right for you depends on the size of your family and what materials are in your water.
The most popular water filters are:
- Activated Carbon: The most common and least expensive water filter is the activated carbon filter. This canister filter is installed under the sink and uses replaceable carbon cartridges that remove debris, parasites, and heavy metals.
- Reverse Osmosis: According to experts, a reverse osmosis filter is the one to get if you want the best filter because they filter out most chemicals and heavy metals.
If you’re not sure which filter option is right for you, call us for a consultation.