At Canyon Plumbing & Heating, we have years of experience helping Boulder, CO residents improve their kitchens. With more people cooking at home, having a functional kitchen makes life easier and meal prep more enjoyable. If you’re tired of your old kitchen or want an upgrade, call us for a consultation.
Contact us and find out how much nicer your bathroom can be with our bathroom remodeling service.
Top Reasons to Replace Your Kitchen Sink
Maybe you’re one of the many Boulder residents who is still using the same old sink that came with their home. Whether you have problems with your sink or you want a new look, there are plenty of good reasons to replace that old sink now. Here are a few to consider:
- It’s Worn Out: If your kitchen sink shows signs of wear and tear like chips, cracks, and stains, it’s time to think about a replacement.
- Frequent Repairs: Whether it’s frequent clogs or leaks, if you’re calling the plumber again and again to fix that old sink, you’re better putting that money towards a new, more reliable model.
- Outdated Fixtures: Is your sink blue or pea green? Do you wish you had some of the smart home’ features found in newer sinks? If you’re still using a sink from the 70s, consider updating to a more stylish model with the latest technology.
At Canyon Plumbing & Heating, our experts will help you decide the best sink for your kitchen and install it quickly.
Most Common Reasons Sinks Clog
Clogged sinks are a common nuisance for many Boulder residents, but if you ignore sink problems for too long, you risk damage to your plumbing and other issues such as the buildup of harmful bacteria.
The best way to deal with clogs is to know why they happen first and then take steps to prevent them. Below is the most common reasons sinks clog.
- Food: Food waste is one of the most common causes of clogged kitchen sinks. Unless you have a garbage disposal, don’t put chunks of food waste down the drain; put them in the trash or on a compost heap instead.
- Grease, Oil & Fat: Another mistake many homeowners make is pouring grease, oil, and cooking fat down the drain. When these substances cool, they harden into a mass that eventually clogs your pipes. As with food waste, dump these materials into the trash.
- Hair: In the bathroom, hair is the most common culprit for clogged sinks and drains. Hair mixes with certain kinds of soap to form a clump that’s tough to remove. To prevent this, consider using a mesh drain cover to stop hair from going down.
If you have a caked-in clog that won’t budge no matter what, call us for our professional drain cleaning service.
Garbage Disposal Benefits
If you’ve never considered a garbage disposal installation, check out these reasons for doing so:
- Time Savings: Grinding food scraps in a garbage disposal makes after-meal cleanup go more quickly, which leaves more time for you to relax.
- Reduces Waste: You use fewer garbage bags when you reduce the amount of waste you throw out, saving money and is better for the environment.
- Reduced Smells: When food waste is left in the trash, it rots quickly, causing your kitchen to stink. By grinding up food waste into the garbage disposal, your kitchen smells cleaner.
For more benefits of a garbage disposal installation, and to see how it can help you, contact us today.