One of the worst things a homeowner can face is a water leak that goes undetected for months or years. Leaking water can cause mold and mildew buildup, warped floors and walls, and foundation damage. If you suspect that you have a water leak, you need an experienced water leak detection company like Canyon Plumbing & Heating to find it quickly and fix it. Contact us today in the Boulder, CO area!
If you have a stubborn clog, contact us and ask about our expert drain cleaning service.
Common Causes of Household Water Leaks
Most water leaks are easy to spot. However, sometimes water leaks happen within the walls or under your foundation, which is challenging to diagnose. For many Boulder homeowners, the only evidence of these water leaks is the damage they inflict. Here are the most common reasons that pipes leak.
- Temperature Fluctuations: If plumbing undergoes extreme temperature fluctuations, it can cause the pipes to expand and contract aggressively, which leads to stress fractures and eventually leaks.
- Weak Joints: If the joints connecting your pipes are fragile and prone to damage, they will fail eventually. Listen for loud noises coming from your pipes because this could mean the joints are failing.
- High Water Pressure: If the water pressure in your plumbing system is too high, it can cause damage and lead to leaks.
- Corrosion: Pipes corrode as they get older, which leads to them growing weaker and leaking.
To ensure the safety of your home and property, call us and let us inspect your plumbing system for potential problems.
Our Water Line Leak Repair Service
Nobody likes the idea of repairing a leaking water line, but when there’s a problem, you need an experienced repair company like Canyon Plumbing & Heating. Watch out for these signs signaling there’s trouble in your water line.
- Puddles in the Yard: If you notice some portions of your yard are soggy and saturated, or you see water pooling, you may have a leak in the main water line. Also, be on the lookout for overly lush areas of your law, which could mean that the ground is absorbing all of the excess water.
- A Drop in Water Pressure: If you usually have a strong, steady flow of water but find that it’s suddenly weak, it could be a blockage in the main water line.
- Rise in Water Bill: Most Boulder homeowners know what to expect the month to month from their water bills, so if you see a sudden spike, it could mean the water main is leaking.
- Foundation Cracks: If moisture is constantly present around your home’s foundation the concrete will absorb it and eventually crack. If not fixed quickly, this can lead to the foundation collapsing.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds coming from the toilet or sink when in use means you have a plumbing problem, and if it affects multiple pipes, it’s probably an issue with the mainline.
Protect your home against water damage and flooding with our sump pump repair and replacement services.
How to Detect Water Leaks
For many homeowners, their attitude towards their plumbing is, “Out of sight, out of mind.” However, everyone should be aware of the signs that there are problems with their plumbing system so they can call a professional for repairs as soon as possible.
If you suspect you have a water leak, check the water meter usage while your home’s main water valve is off. Watch the water meter to see if it registers usage and if so, call a professional water leak detection company to pinpoint the location of the leak and fix it before you incur further damage.