Get Maintenance Today To Avoid Hot Water Emergencies
Summer is coming to a close, and that means the cool fall is right around the corner. As such, homeowners should gear up for the cooler temperatures to come. And part of responsibly preparing for fall is that homeowners should get water heater maintenance to avoid much-dreaded hot water emergencies. After all, fall nights will be dreadful without hot water to keep warm!
Homeowners should understand the importance of water heater maintenance, specifically their benefits from getting regular maintenance scheduled. They should also know what to expect during a typical maintenance check, and the various signs they should look out for that may signal they are having water heater troubles. Read on for all of this information and more!
The Importance of Water Heater Maintenance
Let’s begin with the importance of water heater maintenance. Regular and consistent maintenance is of utmost importance. Generally, annual maintenance checks are recommended, but homeowners can get checks more often (6-8 months) if they want to be extra careful. By getting regular checks, homeowners can enjoy many benefits, including:
- Immediate repairs if necessary
- Improved water heater efficiency
- Longer unit life
- Warranty coverage if needed
These are just some of the many benefits that can come from getting professional maintenance checks. The next question becomes: what happens during a maintenance check?
How Water Heater Maintenance Works
There are several key tasks that water heater professionals will perform during a standard maintenance check. Some of the most important tasks include:
- Anode rod replacement - this rod prevents the onset of corrosion and should be replaced every 3-5 years
- Flushing - used to limit the buildup of sediment and debris, sometimes with water softeners
- Pressure relief valve inspection - prevents the low chance of an explosion due to high pressure and temperatures
- Visual inspection - used to detect leaks, rusting, loose parts, etc.
Given the specialized nature of these tasks, homeowners should certainly hire professionals for these maintenance checks, as they often have years or even decades of experience in dealing with water heaters.
Symptoms of Water Heater Troubles
- Abnormal noises in or around the water heater tank
- Corrosion in or around the water tank
- Discolored water or water with abnormally fluctuating temperatures
- Faster than usual loss of hot water after it is turned on
If homeowners notice any of these signs, they should call for professional help immediately. They should not try to solve these issues on their own, as they can make the problem(s) much worse. The most important thing is that homeowners find a reputable water heater repair company to take action immediately!
About Canyon Plumbing & Heating
Canyon Plumbing & Heating of Boulder, CO believes in providing quality craftsmanship and premier service. With over 20 years of experience delivering top-notch solutions, their team of highly trained technicians employs the latest technologies combined with honest recommendations to ensure they do right by each of their customers. Call them today for water heating service!