For over two decades, Canyon Plumbing & Heating has been serving the residents of Lafayette with top-rated water heater and plumbing repair services. Our commitment to customer service and providing the highest quality work at an affordable price makes us one of the most trusted residential plumbers in the area. Call us the next time you need water heater installation or repair or drain cleaning services.
Get a free quote and upfront pricing on our services by contacting us today!
When You Need Hot Water Tank Replacement
The average water heater lasts 10-15 years, and even with routine maintenance, it will eventually fail. Here are the most common signs that your water heater is nearing the end of its life and that a replacement is on the horizon.
- Age: As with all appliances, the water heater won’t last forever. The average water heater lasts about 15 years, and after that time, it's worth thinking about a replacement. Check your heater’s serial number on the manufacturer’s sticker to find out how old it is.
- Rusty or Cloudy Water: If rusty or murky water comes out of the hot side of your home's pipes, the water heater might be rusting out from the inside, or it may be caked with sediment.
- Odd Noises: As water heaters get old, sediment builds up on the tank's bottom, which eventually hardens through heating and reheating. Solidified sediment often results in popping or rumbling sounds coming from the tank.
- Leaking Water Heater: If you notice water or moisture around the tank’s base, it could be that the tank is fractured. Don’t ignore water leaks; call a plumber for help ASAP.
How to Get Instant Hot Water
Most Lafayette residents rely on traditional water tank water heaters to provide hot water; however, these systems have drawbacks. The most significant disadvantage is that these units can’t supply unlimited hot water. If you use up all of the hot water in the tank, you have to wait until it’s refilled and heated again.
If you’re one of those families with high hot water demands, you might consider a tankless water heater installation. Tankless water heaters are becoming more popular because they provide instant and unlimited hot water by super-heating the water as soon as it comes into the system instead of storing it in a tank and heating it there. With tankless water heaters, you never run out of hot water.
Tankless water heaters are more expensive to purchase and install. Still, they’re more efficient than traditional water heaters, meaning you get that money back in savings on your energy and water bills.
Contact our experts today to find out if a tankless water heater is right for you!
Find out more on our About Us page!
When to Call for Clogged Drain Repair
Most people try to fix clogged drains themselves either with a tool like a plunger or a snake or with a chemical drain cleaner. However, chemicals can damage some types of plumbing, leading to worse problems down the road, and plungers often push clogs deeper down the system.
For effective and thorough drain cleaning, it’s best to call a professional like Canyon Plumbing & Heating.
Call us for drain repair if you experience:
- Slow drains
- Recurring clogs
- Foul odor coming out of the drain
- Sewage backup